Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Photo Shoots and Windy Night Rides

Victor and I have been at it again, teaming up with John Ker (Mountain Bike Action's head photographer) and lending our riding skills for the magazines. Between the two of us we've been in almost every issue for a little over a year or so, which has been an absolute blast. Last week Vic was out riding the new Top Fuel and today I was testing out a set of Geax mountain tubular tires on a Carbon Reynolds wheelset. For those of you that thought tubular tires were only for roadies be prepared to be wowed cause this wheelset was crazy. They had a totally different feel to anything I've ever ridden, supple, fast, and great traction. Be sure to look for the full review in upcoming issues of Mountain Bike Action. If you're ever paging through MBA and see a pair of "Simi Cycling Center" socks, that would be Vic or myself. Don't forget that you can get your hands on these sweet socks at your favorite shop (SCC of course) for only $10.

Scott on a Cannondale 29er

Oh snap! Victor's got blood on his arm...

Aside from all that Mountain Bike Action jazz, the shop's Tuesday Night Ride is picking up steam. Tonight we had one of our best turnouts with nine riders and it was a gnarly one weather wise. I thought I've felt the wind before on a bike, but at night going up Chumash with 60+mph gusts now that's wind. Despite the insane conditions we still had a blast and nobody was blown off the side of the mountain, great success. Thanks again Doug, Tom, Steve, Jim, Ed, and Chad for making this such a fun ride. And big congrats to Chad for winning the Solo Beginner Men category at the November 12 Hours of Temecula.

See ya out on the trails
Scott

1 comment:

Adam said...

I still have to come up there and check out those trails. I have been putting in 15 hour weeks building my base miles for 09. I WILL complete a 12 hours of Temecula race next season!!!!!